The Great Southland Cheese Roll
1 April 2020
The great Southland Cheese Roll... a local tradition and delicacy that is a must try for any traveller to Southland.
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp dried onion soup mix
- ½ cup milk
- ½ loaf white or wheatmeal sliced sandwich bread
- Melted butter (optional)
- Mix cheese, onion soup and milk together.
- To make bread easier to roll up, give each slice a light roll with a rolling pin.
- Spread the cheese mixture thickly on slices of bread and roll up.
- Brush with melted butter, if wished.
Place under the grill on high heat until the outside is golden and the filling is hot. Serve immediately.
- Community / Sponsorship
- Journey ON
- Product News
- Recipes / Food
- Travel / Lifestyle